11 October 2011

Darlington, PA Green Meteor 10OCT2011

Darlington, PA Meteor 8:00 pm EST 10OCT2011
I live in Darlington, PA and today on October 10, 2011 I saw a meteor while watering my horses in their field at approximately 8:00. I saw a lime green meteor with a very very long tail travel across the sky. It was a very intense lime green, I would describe it as almost neon and it was bright enough to light up the field for approximately 3 seconds and then it was gone. I would relate it to the brightness of the moon. It came from the South West and it went North East. I couldn't tell if it kept traveling or if it dissipated because I lost it in the treeline of our neighbor's field about a half of a mile away.- Chelsi C  Thank you Chelsi!


We need your sighting reports; thank you:
Date and Time of event? Location name (town,city) where you were when saw the meteor? Start and Stop location in sky? Direction of movement? Duration of Event (seconds)? Brightness ( in comparison with Venus, Moon, Sun) color, sounds? Photos? Videos? please email LunarMeteoriteHunter@gmail.com Your reports make it possible for all to check what they saw as well. Thank you! 2011The Year of Meteors!